Sunday, June 12, 2011

Milk carton races

So we went to the milk carton races this morning at the Westmoreland park and it was beautiful weather (last year it was blazing hot). It was slightly overcast probably in the high 60's but otherwise nice. While we were there I picked up a free publication that Darigold was giving away that had some great recipes. One I noticed that I was very interested in was a tart with chocolated and salted caramel that I figured would be nice to make for Eytan's birthday which is coming up in September (actually, everybody's birthday is coming up in September, Eytan, Sam and Ayelet) so maybe it would be nice to make for Sam's birthday as well. At any rate, as I finished reading the recipe at the end it said it makes six six inch tarts (makes 12 servings). That's right: 12 servings!! Each midgie tartlet is two flipping servings! That's nuts!! So, you should take one bite and pass the remaining half to another. Or I must look for 3" tartlet pan...craziness.

No comments: