Sunday, June 12, 2011

Why does my husband have the common sense of a G-d d*mn squirrel?

And why in the middle of the night when I ask him a question that seems rather straight forward does he repeat it back to me as if it were a rhetorical question? Nothing irks me more, but yet he seems to have an amazing ability for disturbing this nerve.

Really now, most moms know how their child sleeps and when their baby is crying what crying will lead to sleep and what crying will require a bit more action. So, the other night our 8 month old who sleeps in our room in her crib started crying after I put her in her crib. The crying was rather mild, not a 10 by any stretch of the imagination; rather I'd say a 5 but she was so tired it was teetering closer to a 4. Within moments she was ratcheting down to a 4 where she hovered for a couple minutes. But, her whimpers were becoming farther and farther apart, clear indicators that she was on the road to a peaceful slumber a process which requires a bit of patience on my part as well, but Sam seemed asleep so his patience seemed an inherent non sequitor. As I started to drift off to sleep myself, Sam in his infinite wisdom got up to get Ayelet. Of course the effort to "comfort" her merely caused more distress and screaming causing her whimpering which was down to a 2 to skyrocket back up to an 8 on the screaming scale in record time (beat that Astin Martin). "Good job at effing that up, Sam" to which he replies, "eff up? what did I eff up?" Good night.

No comments: