Thursday, March 20, 2014

Hey, remember me?

So, I was noticing the date of my last post.  Well, not the exact date, but the year.  2011.  2011?!?  Wow.  It's not even like I haven't thought about this.  I have.  I was actually just looking at creating another blog.  Then I remembered, oh, I have one already.  Good thing I didn't have to try to recall my password, that would have been a disaster.

So what's changed in three years?  Eytan is 5 and Ayelet is 3.  Both go to the same school.  So tonight was a family literacy night at their school.  I tend to use these events as an opportunity to reconnect with friends.  Let the kids run amok, while mommy socializes.  I love chatting it up with my friends and realizing our interconnectedness.  We can poke fun at the private school, which we all love but for some reason they don't have any mermaid stickers for the make your own bookmark...why is that?  Cheaped out on that, eh?  Where's my tuition going?

As Sam and I chatted with our friend, who realized he sent a text to someone he believed was Sam but in actuality was not (it was the wrong number entirely) I asked if he sent a dickpic.  This is what happens when you spend time watching Bravo television.  Sam and I have been watching the Online Dating Rituals of the American Male on Bravo and apparently sending dickpics is something that single men doing after going on a date.  Who knew?  The show is moderately entertaining.  Bravo is good for parking lot television shows, y'know.  You can just turn it on and zone out and park there for a while, you may be entertained but if you aren't you aren't bored enough to turn the channel.  Or, there is nothing better on so you may as well stay there.

Well, having said that.  The hour is late and I must get ready to go to bed.  But, I want to check out a few websites before going to bed.  Like Oiselle.  I was just looking at Oiselle's Facebook page and I am always inspired to run more and faster when I see great women but average everyday women running great races.  Although I am running lots now, both for my own sanity: running is my time away from my family to be zen, my piece of clarity in my day, my time alone.  I have been dealing with some piriformis pain and I have been seeing my acupuncturist for the pain, I am always inspired to enter another race when I see pictures and read posts of other women's races.  I don't want my pain to keep me from running.  So, before I take up too much time, I must get to Oiselle and see what I may want buy and what event I may want to enter.  I really should create a budget annually for races, this could really get out of control - entry fees, that is.

So, having said all that, I will close this with I'm back and I have a lot to say.


No comments: