Thursday, April 10, 2014

Decisions, decisions, decisions

Why when faced with a difficult decision do we punt and do something that is more fun?

The time has come to purchase tickets for the family to travel to the other side of the world (or at least it seems, when really we are travelling from Portland to Birmingham, Alabama) for a family reunion.  I started looking for airline tickets the other night.  When I saw that the ticket price for one round-trip ticket was $550-something, I punted and instead decided, hmm, lets look for a race that's coming up that I could enter instead.  No surprise I found one that is coming up, it costs less than $500 and there are more health benefits for me to enter that than to sit stationary on a plane for several hours with a 3 and 5 year old, and of course my husband too, to help weather the storm (and anything else I can throw in the bag of tricks).  Is it any wonder I punted?

At some point though, I am going to have to bite the bullet and purchase the tickets, likely in the next week or so.  I don't know which I'll do first.  Enter that race I found in Keizer in May or purchase airline tickets.  If it's merely a numbers game, that race has won out, hands down.  I don't know what i'm waiting for.  Oy!  Maybe I'll look for a new running outfit...

No comments: